Dr. R. Padmavathy
Lecturer in Commerce
SRR & CVR Govt. College
Tirumala Milk Dairy Pvt. Ltd. was started at Narasaraopet in the year 1998 with a handling capacity of 1.50 Lakh Ltrs. per day from all the chilling centres established in the Palnadu and Narasaraopet divisions. Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. established 25 Chilling centers in Andhra Pradesh and 8 chilling centers in Tamilnadu to procure both Cow & Buffalo milk. Best quality milk is procured and chilled at chilling centers, to retain freshness of milk. The strength of the Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. is to procure more than 6.0 lakh liters of milk directly from agents/farmers using state-of-the-art machinery and professionally trained staff. Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. covers the entire spectrum of dairy products sold in markets. The complete range of Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. is highly nutritious, healthy and brings you a world of goodness. Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. pasteurizes and packages all fresh dairy products in technologically superior and hygienic conditions to ensure pure natural freshness. Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd., Handles 6.5 Lakhs Liters of Milk per day in all their packing Stations and main dairy plant which is the highest in the state of Andhra Pradesh
Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. has its main dairy plant at Kadivedu with handling capacity of 4.0 lakhs lts of milk per day from various chilling centers and local units.
Main plant processes 3.0 Lakhs Lts of milk per day in automatic sachet filling machines for supply and distribution to Chennai, Tirupati, Nellore, etc… in insulated puffs.
There is continuous growth in sale of milk from 50000 ltrs to 350000 ltr with in a span of one-decade.
Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. has its own supply chain management, which is the key to timely distribution.
At our Palamaner unit processes and supplies 1.00 lakh liters of milk and 20000 liters of curd to Bangolore city.
Our Vellalacheruvu & Bhimadolu packing stations processes and supplies 2.0 lakh liters of milk to Hyderabad, Warangal, Vijayawada. Elure, Guntur and Rajahmundry.
Our Wadiyaram plant has capacity of 50000 Liters milk to cater to the markets of Medak, Nizambad, Adilabad and Karim Nagar Districts of A.P
The Main Plant has modern equipments to manufacture milk products like Butter, Ghee and Milk Powder. Butter is made from pure cow & buffalo fat under hygienically processed through continues butter making machine with a capacity of 8 tones per day. Ghee is made from pure cow & buffalo butter under supervision of 30 years experienced dairy technologists to retain granulation, color and aroma of ghee with a capacity of 8 tones per day. Milk powder is made from fresh cow & buffalo milk and the plant is capable of producing all type of milk powders with a capacity of 15 tones per day. By-Products like Sterilized Flavoured Milk, Lassi, Khova, Milk Cake, Mysore pak, Panner ,Ice creams
Tirumala dairy to launch ice-cream
GUNTUR: Tirumala Milk Products Pvt. Limited has ventured into ice-creams segment in South India.
It proposed to launch its brand in Guntur district on Saturday, its managing partner Bolla Bhrahmanaidu told reporters.
A diary set up by four friends decades ago with a capacity of 15,000 litres to process, today it sells 7 lakh litres of milk with a chain of 57 refrigeration and packing units spread over Karnataka, Andhra and TN, he added. With a view to continuously improving the quality and bringing value addition, it had earned good patronage in all the districts of Andhra Pradesh
Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. is one of the leading dairy in India. It is primarily known for its quality products and outstanding variety. We are equipped with exceptional technology and skilled manpower. Our success factor in the region is total customer satisfaction and modernization.
At Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. our employees are an important resource and we want to be among the top-attractive workplaces. Our key tool is a close dialogue between our owners, our management and our employees to ensure that both the company’s and our employees’ requirements are covered in the best possible way.
It is no secret that we have high ambitions. Our objective is to be the leader at all dairy product stages from product development, through production and sales. For that we need top-motivated and engaged employees.
Excellent career opportunities
At Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. we have created an environment with almost unlimited career opportunities.
Responsible and committed employees
When recruiting employees we look for both personal as well as professional qualifications. Our future colleagues must be able to identify themselves with our normal run of the company and our development, and they must be committed to take responsibility for making a difference. Equally important is their ability to communicate and co-operate crisscross departments and frontiers. Therefore, Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd.’ employees are characterized by their pursue of lifelong learning and development.
Tirumala Milk Products (P) Ltd. is one of the preferred companies to work with because we believe in:
The power of Open Door Communication
Providing fair treatment
Giving Equal Opportunity to everyone
Providing diversity through nature of work and people
Opposing any form of harassment
Encouraging a performance driven enterprise.
This pasteurised standarised milk product contains rich gradients and vitmains, makes life much healthier, Packing available : 200ml.
Milk and Milk Products
This category consists of flavoured milk products with different flavours like Strawberry, Pineapple, Elachi, Badam and Mango. This category consists of Milk which is standard and healthy. The pasteurised standarised milk product contains rich gradients and vitmanis,makes life much healthier, Packing available:200ml.
Farmers are more attracted towards private dairies because
- APDDCF pays Rs. 156/- for 1kg contained while some private dairies are paying Rs. 168/- for I kg contained milk.
- The payments by private dairies are regular where as government dairies are not maintaining regular payments.
- The trend of Private dairies profit motto leading to release of substandard milk and milk products in to the market. The controlling organizations like FAO, implementing the Food adulteration acts to control the inferior quality of the dairy milk milk products. Simply attaining the quality certificates like ISO, DVD of international standards it is prime responsibility to produce quality products by keeping quality premises. On observation the Private dairies are not keeping the standards of the milk and milk products both qualitative and quantitatively and earning good amounts of benefits annually.
- Some of the dairies on Private sector they are ignoring the milk animals development and interested with milk collection. Hence it is high time to implement the controlled breeding activities in the existing breedable population in the area of operation of their jurisdiction with the collaboration of Andhra Pradesh livestock development agency at state level and its units located in each district by the executive officers, District livestock development Agencies. Also at cluster villages cattle breeds associations are also elected and functioning.
- The main objectives of these agencies are controlled breeding activities with high milk yielding selected bull mothers and bulls/ semen supplying and serving door step services to dairy farmers for production of good milk yielders. Field performance records under progeny testing programme in selected districts. 100% coverage of total breedable population in Andhra Pradesh by end of 2010 year.
- Training programmes at base level trainings to Pvt. A.I workers name as Gopalmitras, training to A.I. follow up work supervisors name as Gopalamitra supervisors
- Organization of fertility campaigns in villages to identify and treat the infertile milk animals, and rectify the Gynaecological problems in milk animals to bringing them to fit for conception.
- Oestrous synchronization of breedable population to implant zygotes under embryo transfer techniques to obtain high milk yielding varieties for the economic growth of the Dairy farmers.
- Distribution of high variety, elite breeding bulls to areas where the A.I. facilities are not available to remote areas, to achieve the 1005 coverage of breedable population. Alleviation of rural poverty and creation of rural employment to rural youth Scientific advancement in cattle/ buffalo development through its livestock farms located in certain districts, Four frozen semen bull stations, Andrology laboratory and frozen semen distribution to all A.I. centres existing villages in the state
- The services of APLDA in the state are catering to all the villages in phase manner at present approximately 2000 APLDA Gopalmitra A.I.Centres are functioning serving to minimum 4-5 villages.
- The Department of Animal husbandry Govt. of Andhra pradesh is also extensively serving for the health of the livestock, in treatment, vaccinations, Research on vaccine production, in addition with stationery and mobile A.I.Centres in the state covering the breedable population for livestock production of high milk yielding varieties. Approximate Letre 6000 A.I. Centres are functioning in the state
- In addition to these organized Govt. sector A.I.Centres, there are certain N.G.O. also establishing A.I. Centres for covering the breedable population in the state.
- J.K. trust
- BAIF ( Bharatiya Agro industries Foundation)
- BIRD ( Bharat Integrated Rural Development)
- APDDCF Ltd
- District milk unions functioning under mutual coop Act 1995
- It infers that tremendous efforts are being carried to keep up the milk production status in the world. The APLDA alone could able to performing 50 Lakh inseminations with its approximately 2000 A I. Centres net work producing approximately 12.5 lakh calves, directly involving in the milk production every year.
- The private sector dairies are should change its policies and concentrate on the cattle, buffalo breeding, health and nutritional aspects, otherwise the capital investment on plants and machineries does not flourish the business unless the raw material milk is produced for collection process, manufacturing and distribution.
- Consumers awareness programmes to be conducted, to acquaint them from cheating with inferior quality milk & milk products. They should be also compensated whenever they are receiving sour milk in sachet milk. Plat form tests may be conducted at outlet points and a central location (Min. Laboratory) providing the facility for conducting the quality and quantity tests regularly for the benefit of the consumers. The consumers rights protection forum also should be consider the milk consumers grievances for settlement of the cases in time.
- The Pvt. Sector dairies are not properly showing the accounts, no audit is carried like wise in the village level, milk collection centres. In the milk industry, the entrepreneur will get his plant raw material i.e. milk without shedding the money on spot. The Dairy farmer will supply the milk and wait for 15-20 days for the value of their milk produce. This is the best sign, where no other industry will get this opportunity and benefit. That is the reason because of the milk demand by 120 crore population and 280 Gms of milk per head per day as per the recommendations of the ICMR New Delhi. However we are reaching the demand meeting 120-180 Gms only per head per day as present status.
At this juncture, we can easily percept the high necessity of dairy as an industry to meet the requirement of the country citizens. when compared to last two decades a tremendous growth in Private sector was observed and most of the entrepreneurs are entering into the industry and even MNC are also showing interest to dump the dairy products in to the country through W.T.O. simultaneously our dairy products are also available in the International market specially in Gulf countries like Dubai, Quatar and U.A.E. The dairy industry is taking share of the G.D.P. at level of 33 5 in the country. The major threat of the industry is spoilages and storage of milk products and milk respectively. This could be avoided by observing the sanitization, cleanliness, advanced techniques and awareness programmes etc. The milk is nation’s property and it should be safeguarded from dairy farmer level to dairy plant level.
The milk when once it is released from the udder, the milk should be either heat treated & chilled or simultaneously heat treated and chilled so that its shelf life i.e. keeping quality of such milk is prolonged this should be carried with in 4-41/2 hrs after milk collection. Later, stages the milk starts souring, curdling and finally spoilage causing not fit for consumption as the lactic acid bacteria produces its acid liberally in the milk with its rapid multiplication in to 1000 of millions with in seconds. So such highly perishable article should be planned and safeguarded, for such timely action, recent dairy engineering branches have invented the machineries for quick processing equipment avoiding the old traditional ammonia plants. Now the recent innovations in refrigeration engineering introduced bulk milk coolers, which can be operated at village level on single phase AC Power supply up to the capacity of 1000 Ltrs and also on Diesel generator set as DC Power supply. By establishment such milk bulk coolers at village level the milk drawn from udder can be preserved immediately and the quality of milk is improved by arresting the growth of the lactic acid bacteria.
Now such milk is very useful for manufacture of milk products as well market milk. Further the products out of such milk are delicious, nutritious and highly energetic. Baby food with highly standards of food adulteration acts, can be possible to manufacture to meet the international standards and marketing in World trade organization (W.T.O).
STUDY ON PRIVATE SECTOR
- The comparative study reveal, the growth of the Private sector dairies within a couple of decades showing tremendous prosperity. The private dairies now could able to complete with the organized sector specially in procurement of milk and fluid milk marketing. However the product manufacturing aspect, still some improvement should achieve, where in the delicious nature, brand name, and machinery to manufacture has yet to take its shape. Where in the organized sector especially the APDDCF Ltd. is the pioneer of dairy industry in Andhra Pradesh, till it is dictating the terms like milk price fixation to producers, and capturing the grand fluid milk marketing with their Logos and brand name. It is well known factor when the milk procured is sold as fluid milk in the market, the profits are more when compared to selling the manufactured products.
- The products to manufacture it involved the following factors like;
- Fluid milk purchase
- Investment of huge amounts on establishment of machinery
- Operation cost includes, wages, statutory taxes etc.
- Market net work
- Publicity & propaganda
- Piling up of stocks in godowns till lucrative market is prevail incase of milk powder /Cheese /Ghee etc.,
- Advantages of fluid milk market, the returns are instantaneous. The incurring operation cost, machinery and investment is cheaper. Fluid milk pays way to prepare 1.5%, 3.0% and 0.01% varieties of milk are marketed, in this process surplus fat is in the form of cream and butter & ghee manufactured and marketed separately.
- In the case of procurement, still lot of uncovered or left over villages are existing demanding for expansion of procurement process. At this juncture, socio economical aspect, causing hurdle for the procurement at one stage political influences, negligence was happening leading to social justice.
- But the aim of industrial liberalization the objectives are not fulfilled, finally concluding this, in India “ Dairying” in Animal Husbandry sector is the only key to solve these follows.
- Rural unemployment
- Restructuring the economic and social upliftment
- Uncultivable , wastelands and community common grazing lands could be bringforth to useful lands
- Induction of best milk cattle and buffaloes of our own breeding policies
- Landless labour and Agriculture labour, Rural youth in villages could gain the job opportunities
- Country could utilize the services of the youth of we provide dairying as a tool who are facing the idealism wasting valuable time, due to unemployment.